The School Newspaper of West Brook High School

Food Review: Chick-fil-A vs. Raising Cane’s

April 1, 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

Chick-fil-A is most popular for its diverse options and customer service.

There are two major fast food restaurants that are both popular now, which include Raising Cane’s and Chick-fil-A. These are two fast food restaurants that are known for their chicken. Cane’s is more known for their chicken strips and Chick-fil-A more for their nuggets. For most people, it is tough to choose which one they prefer. But for some, it is very easy to pick between.

Sophomore Megan Hansen leans toward Chick-fil-A a little more than Cane’s for a few reasons.

“I just think that Chick-fil-A has more sauces to choose from and their food is just a little bit tastier to me.” Hansen said. “Also, there fries are just one of a kind. They always have the perfect amount of salt and are never burnt or soggy.”

“I also enjoy the atmosphere of Chick-fil-A more because it’s more Christian-based.” Hansen said. “All of the workers are always on their best behavior and there’s sometimes calming music playing in the background. I do hate though that they are closed on Sundays.”

On the other hand, junior Jackson Harlan thinks Cane’s is slightly better than Chick-fil-A for a few reasons.

“I enjoy Cane’s more because I feel like more food comes in a meal than Chick-fil-A’s,” Harlan said. “There’s chicken strips, fries, toast, coleslaw, and their famous and delicious “Cane’s Sauce”.”

“Also, I personally think that Cane’s chicken is better, especially with the sauce,” Harlan said.  “I like their fries just as much as Chick-fil-A’s, but Chick-fil-A does not have toast.”

Both Hansen and Harlan at the end admitted they love both fast food restaurants and it was very tough to honestly decide.

But, after taking an informal poll between the two restaurants by asking about twenty of my classmates, Chick-fil-A seemed to win over more of them than Cane’s. Most students though, took a long time to decide and mostly seemed to like both equally.

It’s very hard to have a clear and accurate winner when both of these places are loved by many people. So, in the end one is not drastically better when it comes to asking around. But many do believe there is only one true winner, even though their choices are all different.