The School Newspaper of West Brook High School

Merry Christmas Tour

January 3, 2018

The choir cozies up for a photo before they head off for their christmas tour.

Photo By Katherine Glaude

Photo By Katherine Glaude

Tis’ the season for some choir holiday music, just listen to Christmas music filling up the halls of our school. The annual Christmas tour for the choir was on Dec 8th. The tour is the choir’s way to show their voices and spread some joy.

“The Christmas tour is a time for spreading holiday cheer for people who need it.” senior Kamryn Yates said.

This year marks the fifth year of the tour with Mr. Jimmy Robertson. Each year the choir takes a day off from school to sing songs to others. The choir goes to elementary schools, retirement homes, and middle schools. Every one of the choirs learns some cheerful songs that would be sung at those places. With a growing choir, this year’s tour was bigger and better.

“As the years go by more people join choir,” senior Emmanuel Grandeza. “The Christmas tour just gets bigger and bigger.”

The growing number of the choir is not only seen by our school, but the community too. With a bigger choir, the choir revived a chance to sing at a new place. This year for the first time the choir went to Kinsel Toyota and sang for the employees. A growing choir sadly also means a farewell to the seniors.

“It’s bittersweet for me to leave this year,” Yates said. “It’s sad that this is my last Christmas tour and concert.”

Seniors like Yates will have their last Christmas tour and Christmas concert this year. The seniors will have their last chance to sing with our growing choir for the holidays. However, a new place to spread joy and some snow was a farewell that seniors in choir won’t forget.

“It’s very sad that I’m a senior and I’ll be leaving the choir this year,” senior Adarius Jones said. “but I know that the choir will just keep growing.”