The School Newspaper of West Brook High School

A Hyped Homecoming Week

October 12, 2017

The Student Section gets wild during the homecoming game against College Park on Oct. 5.

Photo by Katherine Glaude

Photo by Katherine Glaude

It’s that time of year again when the leaves start to change, Pumpkin Spice comes to town, and the fun filled week of homecoming is here. With the homecoming game, dress up days, and the dance, homecoming is one of the most exciting weeks of the school year. This year will not be an exception to the years before.

“We are pushing for more students to get involved in the dress up days.” student activities director Tisha Smith said.

The second week of school was “Hello Week”. That week was meant to be a back to school dress up day that Smith hoped would ease the students into Homecoming Weeks dress up days. The dress up days for hello week were almost a baby version to this year’s dress up days for homecoming. Inspired by Student Council, this year’s dress up day were made to include the underclassmen and not make it all about the seniors.

“Yes it’s our senior year, but at the same time we want everyone to be involved,” senior Ty Fuselier said. “when everyone is involved, it’s a lot more fun.”

This year’s student council selected the dress up days to incorporate more themes that weren’t just for seniors. For example, Wednesday was mathletes vs. athletes which had the freshman and sophomore’s as mathletes and juniors and seniors as athletes. A day like that helps incorporates underclassman instead of leaving them out. Monday on the other hand, was one of the only days that really stood out for seniors. Generation day is a classic at are school, so it’s no shock to see this year’s seniors go all out.

“It’s are last year so we got to go all out.”  senior Donald Collin III said.

Homecoming week is looked forward to by all students every year. Each year is exciting from the football game, crown of the court, to putting on red and blue to show are school spirit. Involving more students and others helps make the week more than just a plain old week. This year’s homecoming week is going to go down in history.

“We’re allowed to be more hyped this year, because we’re the seniors this year.” Fuselier said.