Doom to Bloom in Your AP Classes

Mae Guidry, Production Editor

School has officially kicked into high gear, and it’s time to hustle.  With classes, clubs, and sports starting off with a bang, it’s important to keep your priorities straight.  Most people are probably taking at least one Pre-AP or AP class this year. In a college level course comes college level responsibilities, it is extremely important to stay above in those classes so you don’t fall behind if you have one bad assignment.  

It is very important to stay organized, know when you have assignments, tests, and projects.  The easiest way to do this is to use a planner, they are usually inexpensive and can be really helpful.  Journals work just as well, writing down everything you have to do that day and checking them off as you go.  Also, start on assignments as soon as you get them, whether it is due the next day or the next week. If you start on an assignment early, even if you do just a little bit at a time, it helps you remember that you have an assignment.  Thirdly, use your teacher as a resource! They are here to teach and help you, if you have a question ask. It’s okay to be wary of new information, don’t be embarrassed if you don’t understand immediately.  Ask after class or go to tutorials, your teacher will appreciate that effort and help you. 

Remember high school is not the rest of your life, but it is very important for your future education.  Take all your classes seriously, AP or not, do not slack off because one bad final grade will tank your GPA.  Yes, redemption is possibly, but the stress that comes with it isn’t worth the extra hour you spend at your friends house.  Keep your grades high and your chin higher, and let’s have a great 2019-2020 school year!